Fall Festival Alpaca Show
Small Breeder Halter Classes
Small Breeder classes are intended for small breeders t o show their alpacas with other similarly sized farms. A farm qualifies as a Small Breeder if it has no more than 20 AOA Registered females at the time of registration for the show.
1. Small breeder classes shall be held in each breed, gender, age, and color as in the regular halter classes at the show.
2. Small Breeder farms that enter Group Production classes and/or Bred and Owned will compete in the regular halter category for production classes.
3. Any co-owned alpacas must be entered in the regular halter category if the co-owner is not a Small Breeder.
4. The category (regular or small breeder) in which a farm has entered cannot be changed once the show program and class listing is printed. If a farm declares Small Breeder track then all their entries (except production) must be small breeder category classes.
5. Entries Small Breeder and regular halter shall be split into color designations only if every color designation within that Color Group has a minimum of three entries.
6. The minimum of eight Huacayas and six Suris to hold a Color Championship in each Color Group shall be the combined total of alpacas in Small Breeder and regular halter classes in that Color Group.
7. First and second place winners in Small Breeder and regular halter classes shall advance to the Color Championship in each Color Group providing that minimum numbers of eight Huacayas and six Suris are met. All rules for Color Championships and Judge’s Choice (Chapter 17, Section 9) apply.
8. Recommended show format: Alternate between regular halter classes and Small Breeder classes.
9. Ribbons and banners for Small Breeder classes shall have a tag added designating Small Breeder.
Wade Gease – all females
Wade Gease – all males
Cheryl Gehly – regular fleece
To help with your show entries, please refer to the AOA Show Division Handbook.