Crystal Boot Award Information -
- The Crystal Boot will be awarded to the Farm/Ranch with
the highest point total awarded by category and placement within the
halter and fleece shows. NOTE: To qualify for the crystal boot in 2022 – Two Fleeces MUST
be entered in the Fleece show October 8-9 in CO, and Two animals MUST be
entered in the Halter show October 21-23 in IA.
- Categories will be awarded for both Suri and Huacaya as
- Crystal Boot Range Boss Award
- Crystal Boot Wrangler Award
- Crystal Boot Ranch Hand Award
- Farms will be entered into one of the Categories
according to the combined number of Halter and Fleece entries (one entry
per AOA registration number). In order to qualify for participation in the
Crystal Boot Award, each ranch is required to have a minimum of 2 Halter
and 2 Fleece entries.
- Category ranges will be determined by:
- For Huacaya, total number of
Huacaya show entries divided by 3
- For Suri, total number of
Suri show entries divided by 3
- Fleece Exceptions
- Spin-Off and Cottage Fleece
entries will not be included in the points accumulated.
- Halter Exceptions
- A sire or dam entered in the
Get of Sire or Produce of Dam is one (1) entry each.
- Alpacas entered into the Bred
and Owned class, the points accrued by placement in this class will be
added to the points accrued for a farm/ranch.
- Entry into the Breeder’s Best
of Three halter class is made in the name of the farm/ranch and counts
as one (1) entry.
- Placement Points:
- First Place = 6 points
- Second Place = 5 points
- Third Place = 4 points
- Fourth Place = 3 points
- Fifth Place = 2 points
- Sixth Place = 1 point
- Color Champion = 7 points
- Reserve Color Champion = 5 points
- Tie Breaker
- In case of a tie, the ranch with the fewest entries to
reach the point total will receive the award.
- Example: Ranch A acquired 25 points with 6 entries and
Ranch B acquired 25 points with 4 entries. Ranch B wins the award based on
fewer entries to reach 25 points