Halter Show Performance Show Walking Fleece Youth Halter Show
Accommodations AOA Point System Coordinator List Directions Event Policy Event Schedule
Sponsorship Opportunities Vendors Walking Fleece Youth Halter Show
Mandatory Health Requirements
All alpacas entering the building must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI). The CVI must be completed no earlier than 30 days before your last travel date and must have the following information contained therein.
1. Full AOA registered name
2. AOA number
3. Microchip number, and
4. Per the current show rules (Part 8 – Section 1-C): “All alpacas entered in or present at the show must be tested for BVDV using the PCR test. One test in the lifetime of the alpaca is sufficient to ensure that it is not a Persistently Infected (PI) alpaca. The BVDV “negative” or BVDV “not detected” test result must be written on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) along with the date of the test, the lab that performed the test and the testing method (PCR).”
· Your Name and Address as the originator/consignor
· The destination: National Western Complex, 4655 Humboldt St, Denver, CO 80216
· The date that the CVI was issued—no earlier than 30 days before the show date
· Each Alpaca’s Microchip ID#, Registration #, Name, Age, Sex, Breed, BVDV Test Type & Result, BVDV Test Date, and BVDV Test Barcode/Accession Number
· ALL ALPACAS TRAVELING FROM OUTSIDE THE STATE OF COLORADO MUST BE TREATED FOR SCABIES WITHIN 14 DAYS OF ARRIVAL USING A IVERMECTON TYPE PRODUCT.
If you have questions regarding health requirements or any other Halter Show issues, contact the Show Superintendent: Judy Schroeder